Thursday, January 6, 2011

Internship #1

What are you excited about, nervous about and wondering about?

I am so extremely excited for my internship. I am find everything medical related to be so fascinating and interesting. When I grow up I want to be a Medical Examiner and so working in the Pathology Lab in Scripps Mercy Chula Vista is such an amazing opportunity. I am most excited about seeing all the different organs and body parts come through the lab and the steps it takes to go through the grossing process. Thankfully I do not faint at the sight of blood because there is more blood in that lab than you could every imagine. Blood in bottles, tubes, bags, just everywhere. I am most nervous about fitting in in the environment. Because I am working in a hospital all the people I see all day are many years older than me and I tend to tense up around grown-ups. Luckily they are all very nice and have all welcomed me in with open arms and I really feel that think is going to be a very positive experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment