Thursday, January 20, 2011

Internship #5





What are you thankful for in your internship experience?

I am extremely thankful for this whole experience. I am so interested in everything in the medical field and this internship has opened my eyes to all the different areas of the field. I've gotten to see the ICU, ER, Pathology lab, Clinical Lab, Endoscopy, the floors, etc, and not many people my age get to see all of that. I've had the opportunity to follow both a pathologist and a phlebotomist and see how different their jobs are. I am very thankful for Rosie, one of the phlebotomists in the lab. She has really taken the time to show me and teach me everything she could possibly think of. She has taken me to every part of the hospital so I get a feel for my surroundings and she has given my some resources to help me with further learning and for my POL. I'm also very thankful for Dr. Stayboldt, my mentor. She's the one that really helped me through the whole process of actually being able to have this as my internship. She let me know all the paperwork that I had to get filled out and turned in as well as all the tests I had to take before being allowed to do this. Without her help the whole process would have been very difficult. She is also a wonderful teacher. She has let me look through the microscope at all the different cells for each case and along the way she'll tell me what we're looking for and what each cell is and what it does. I have also gotten to watch her dissect several different body parts such as placentas, a foot, a toe, uterus, kidney, teeth, etc. I am so grateful for everything that I have gotten to do during my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment