Thursday, February 3, 2011

Semester 2 Blog #2

What have you read lately (say, since last semester), that you found interesting?

During the time at my internship I decided to read the entire medical dictionary. I decided to do this because my internship was medical related and it just really inspired me to go out and do some further learning. Even though I can not remember half of what I read, at the time I found it interesting. There were many large words that I swear were not even English that I couldn't pronounce but that did not take away from my learning. Hepaticocholangiocholecystenterostomy was one of those words....

Why did it catch your attention?

This really caught my attention because I am so incredibly interested in anything medical related. I plan on going to medical school after college and may try to do some pre-med as well. I might as well get a head start on trying to learn, or even just be able to pronounce, some of the words.


P.S.

For those who were wondering a hepaticocholangiocholecystenterostomy is the surgical creation of a new communication between the gallbladder and the hepatic duct and between the intestine and gallbladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment