Thursday, December 16, 2010

Honors Blog #4

1. What did you gain from your experiences as an honors student in the first semester (please consider novels, leadership opportunities, writing, history, projects, etc.)?

As an honors student I feel that I got a better look on everything that we did in this class. While I would have learned a lot by just doing the "regular" 11th grade humanities class I think that I was able to go more in depth on some of the topics that we talked about which allowed me to get a better understanding of everything. Even though it was more work, I think it was worth it because I learned so many things that I probably, would have never learned. I also read 3 books that I would have never picked up to read on my own. I enjoyed reading these books because they helped me understand some events in history that I wouldn't have gone to research on my own. I also discovered my new favorite book: We.

2. Discuss what you might have done differently if you could do this past semester of honors over again.

If I were to go back and do this semester of honors again I think I wouldn't procrastinate as much. I tend to leave things to the last minute and then I stress out and I end up turning in all the work but the quality is not as good as it would have been if I did it when I had the time to. Other than that I think that honors was a positive experience and I will definitely be doing it next semester as well.

3. Discuss your goals for honors in the second semester.

My goals for honors next semester would be to just not procrastinate as much. As I said before the quality of my work goes way down when I procrastinate and I don't want that to happen next semester at all. I will put in a great deal of effort to not let it happen and put all my effort into every assignment we have for honors and every other assignment as well.

4. If you could choose any specific parts of literature and.or history for our honors work next semester, what would you pick and why?

Honestly I don't think there is any specific part of history that I am extremely interested in. I think all history is fascinating and I will learn every part of history if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment